Wednesday 18 April 2012

Alien/dinosaur creature.


This was made in a single day last week in order to teach my girlfriends brother how I go about using blender and Zbrush. Although the model was relatively simple I am quite pleased with the result.

The process of creating the final model involved polygonal modeling which then lead to sculpting in Zbrush to get more of the shape and feel for the creature that I had in my head. After the sculpting had taken place I exported the base mesh back out into blender to UV unwrap. This step perhaps should have been done in the first place while creating the initial mesh. Then after UVing the mesh is then sent back into Zbrush where the texture is painted using poly-paint. The next step was to bake the texture and displacement map out of zbrush. The final step is the applying materials and such in blender and setting up a displace modifier.

No comments:

Post a Comment